Fuel to the LBZ

Discussion in 'GM Duramax 6.6 (LBZ | LLY)' started by Dually Dude, Jun 9, 2008.

1. Dually Dude

Dually Dude New Member

I'm wanting to add fuel to my LBZ motor. Would the FASS system work for about 600 rwhp, or is the fuel supply a vacuum system and I need a twin CP3 setup? Thanks for any and all yall's help....:confused:

2. Diesel Nut

Diesel Nut Well-Known Member

Media:
    Your factory fuel system is a vacuum set up, you don't have a lift pump. Installing a FASS system would gain you several benifits -

More fuel flow
    Positive pressure to the CP3
    Removal of air from fuel
    Much better filtration than stock

You really need to see the FASS show display to see just how much air gets mixed in with your fuel. Under a vacuum and sucking through a filter its even more of an issue. Also, since the truck has no lift pump you are able to supply much more fuel to the CP3 and ultimately, the CP3 can supply more fuel to the rails. You will need a lift pump before doing twin CP3's.

600hp is attainable on a single CP3.
    Hope this helps!

3. 01platinum

01platinum Member

I'm not a chevy guy but I helped a coworker with his 05 duramax. we removed the fuel lines that attach to the fuel rails and then removed the fitting at the rail, found a huge restriction at that point. drilled the fittings to match the lines, about 1/8th. made a big difference in fuel flow @ half to full throttle. the fittings only have about a .020 size opening from the factory. hope that helps

4. Diesel Nut

Diesel Nut Well-Known Member

Media:
    I would not recommend drilling any pressure fittings. These lines and fittings are engineered to handle the 20,000-25,000psi of rail pressure. Thats alot of pressure and removing material from that fitting may weaken it, causing a fairly nasty failure.