FYI BoycottFord.com

Discussion in 'The Drivers Seat (Chit-Chat)' started by mini_mull, Apr 3, 2006.

1. BadDog

BadDog TRC Staff Staff Member

Media:
    You know, there have been a few flares that I thought were going to get this thread locked and/or deleted, but so far it's been real decent for the most part. This is probably the only forum on the net (at least that I know of) where something like this can be discussed with anything approaching a mature and rational discourse.

Bravo folks! :D waytogo

2. mini_mull

mini_mull Active Member

I'm not jumping into anyone's bedroom either. The only thing I want is to preserve marraige between one man and one woman. Promoting homosexuality or promoting the homosexual agenda equals promoting homosexual marraige. I'd prefer not to know what goes on in anyone's bedroom, except my own.

I agree BadDog, I've really enjoyed this discussion. The people at towrig.com are a rare bunch and good company.

3. not-n-ks

not-n-ks Member

Ok , let me clarify myself. They may not have been “Christians” as society thinks of Christians today. But when their society began ,the first man and woman Mayan , Aztec or whom ever. They thought their children not to kill their brother or sister, not to steal, not to ect….. They had to teach these things or there is no way they could have raised to power, there would have been only kayos. What kind of morals are these? Atheist, Satanic, I don’t think so. They sound like Christian’s morals to me. The mightier they became the more they started walking away(killing,stealing,ect) from God. Where are they now?(some history book somewhere)
    All I was trying to say is, is that want you are talking about is just another step away from God. And where does that lead to?! How long is this Great nation going to be able to stand if Americans keep eating away at the moral foundation that made this nation come to power? Where will all of us be at this rate in fifty or a hundred years?(the next Iraq?Some other country telling us how to run our country..?)Dont get me wrong their are alot of things eating away at the moral foundation, this is just one of the bigger ones.
    I think every one knows what is truly right, even if they hide the truth from themselves deep down inside, they know it’s just wrong.

If I am wrong ,show me ,and I will admit that I am wrong and change my point of view.
    If I have offended anyone by my point of veiw or grammar I apologize.
    Thank you , have a great day.

4. rocknbronco

rocknbronco Well-Known Member

Someone was going to do it eventualy and with time they all will of course I would suspect it would be more imports but wasnt that a volvo-kinda a gay vehicles in my opinon and an import.Cant really blame Ford but ther advertising agency yes I personally dont find anything wrong with homosexuality per say but I do belive its a sin and should never even be thought of in the marage department.

5. justinf

justinf Member

So, if the government's only interest is in forming families and producing children, why don't they require a fertility test to ensure the people applying for a marriage certificate are capable of having children? If they are sterile, then the application can be turned down by the government. I mean this scenario is no different by your explanation above than two gay people trying to get married.

Like someone else said earlier, homosexuality really kind of turns my stomach. However, I think all of the drama, and bitching over this issue of gay marriage is pretty damn stupid. People are discussing this in two different lights. Those against it cast the religious light on it, while those for it, cast a more secular light on it. I'd say the intent is not to destroy the institution of marriage, but to gain the benefits married couples have. Why not think of it in terms of a civil union rather than marriage, that way they can have the benefits without offending people by being "married".

6. BadDog

BadDog TRC Staff Staff Member

Media:
    And why do they *deserve* those privileges? Maybe some, like right of survivorship they do, but they can get that through a simple will as everyone should. Anyone who depends on state apportioned estates is asking for trouble by the bucket for their survivors. But as said earlier, many of the original “benefits” of marriage were intended to offset the hardships and expenses of raising a family (particularly in times past). And that “benefit” was associated with Marriage which is by far the primary vehicle for building families. In the distant past, when our government was concerned with long term goals and viability for our country and it’s economy, those benefits were considered a wise investment in the future.

So, *exactly* what “marriage benefits” do you folks think that homosexual couples deserve? “Marriage benefits” is far too broad and easily bandied about in shallow and emotional pundit parroting rhetoric. Instead of swinging a broad brush, be specific and maybe even explain why you think they deserve them.

7. justinf

justinf Member

My personal opinion is this topic is a waste of time, the only real benefit I can see, is joint filing for taxes. Everything else, there are other avenues to achieve the same thing (like the right of survivorship mentioned). My personal feeling is this should be done through a will by everyone, straight, gay whatever.

Maybe I am missing something, but I see this whole argument as just another useless cause. There are other ways to get all of the benefits they want, they would just rather stir up trouble, which is kind of what I tried to do:stir: :stir: by asking why don't we screen marriage license applicants to be sure they are fertile, that way the only people getting married are at least capable of producing children, and to take it a step further, if you don't produce children, why not revoke the marriage license and all benefits associated since they are not producing children for the good of society.:stir: :stir: :stir: :popcorn: :popcorn:

In reality, I could care less either way, I am married, but still need to get a will prepared. But in the meantime, all of my large assets, except the house have primary and secondary beneficiaries listed in the event of my death. I am not totally prepared yet, but I do not intend to leave things up in the air.

8. rocknbronco

rocknbronco Well-Known Member

I couldnt care less about the whole homosexual agenda or life style I just wish they would shut up and go back into the closet marrage is between a man and woman lets leave somethings as God intended.