I TOO, bought a starter tow rig :)

Discussion in 'GM Gas Engine Rigs' started by 4xcrazy, Feb 24, 2007.

1. duckmanquacker

duckmanquacker Well-Known Member

Come'on go for the gusto lets have 52" its the largest street legal dot tire available(and gotta have them beadlocks) my tires are only 5" shorter than yours:rolleyes:

2. rocknbronco

rocknbronco Well-Known Member

I think I would stick around 33's at the largest finding a E rated tire is hard enought with a off road design that I like.

3. Xtremjeepn

Xtremjeepn Well-Known Member

Well, honestly it was not intended as a serious tow rig. I have over $4,000 in tires/wheels on it so I am not about to change them.

The 37s are E rated FWIW and on 17" beadlocks.

4. duckmanquacker

duckmanquacker Well-Known Member

E rated 37's ouch I bet that took a chunk out of your wallet:doah:

5. rocknbronco

rocknbronco Well-Known Member

Thats sweet waytogo

6. 4xcrazy

4xcrazy Member

been awhile,
    some may have seen these pics in the other thread on CK5 (ways to lower a truck)

haven't had alot of time, or especially money lately for alot of the bigger things i wanted done, still running the 350, have done some interior changes, new steering column, tinted the windows, cleaned and brightened up the gauge cluster, obviously, lowered it,,,still lots to do
    though... especially with the paint,,,

i whad planned on trading it awhile back for some 4wd drivetrain parts to a friend, he took it for about a week, did this to it, then he had to move out of state, so i got it back,,,gonna change it pretty quick...:doah:

It's coming along now though, alittle at a time. Here recently, work has slowed down quite a bit and the weather has cooled down a TON, so it's alittle more enjoyable to actually work on it, and with the work situation, i have the time,,just wished i had the money to drop in it.

All of the stuff i have been doing lately, is from stuff i purchased over the summer, with "plans" on getting this together,,,i have it back, i was sick when i let it go to the buddy, he keeps bugging me to get it back now that he's back in town, but i wont let it go again.:D

Attached Files: