LBZ pistons?

Discussion in 'GM Duramax 6.6 (LBZ | LLY)' started by Dually Dude, Jun 9, 2008.

1. Dually Dude

Dually Dude New Member

I have a question. I was told that the LBZ pistons are prone to cracking if I was to start adding a lot of power. I was wanting to get about 600 rwhp out of my '07 LBZ motor. But I still have to tow a 16,500lb 5th wheel trailer. So far I've got the Edge Juice w/ Attitude, Banks intercooler, S&B intake and 5" Magnaflow exhaust. I'm thinking about stacking the juice with the Evolution (which is what Edge suggested). If anyone has any suggestions, or truth about this piston myth, your posts would be greatly appreciated.waytogo

2. Diesel Nut

Diesel Nut Well-Known Member

Media:
    I have not heard of the piston cracking issue, but I will look into it. As for tuning, to reach the 600hp level I am not sure that Edge is up to the task. I would look a little more at a PPE Hot+2 programmer. You COULD stack this with your Edge, but I have NO idea how it will run. I will say that the Hot +2 is, well, hot. It will run. Your transmission will need to be addressed COMPLETELY in order to run that sort of tune. Suncoast STG IV or STG V. ALso, I would say a turbo will be in your future as well.

3. 1dieselsteve

1dieselsteve Member

I would stay away from edge system to many friends of mine have had problems I would suggest banks or EFI live and still address the tranny.