Let's get the 6.4L forums goin!!!

Discussion in 'Ford Powerstroke 6.4' started by 05' CO King Ranch, Mar 14, 2008.

1. Duramaxer1

Duramaxer1 Active Member

Yeh those extended warranties can bite you in the ass hard!

Im going to go look at 08 super dutys this week. Theyre taking 25k plus off these trucks. Done deal there!

2. Duramaxer1

Duramaxer1 Active Member

Um somewhat, theyre going to be based off the land rover diesels. but theyre scheduled for 400 hp and 700 lb tq to start with. Same dual turbo setup the 6.4 has, and it will of course be common rail. Looks like it will be a good engine.

3. madatford

madatford Member

Thats funnyrotfl I also went to look at for superdutys this week. I am way more on the page with ford, as far as knowing the different packages and the way ford puts options together. I think ford has a better built much nicer pickup, honestly the fords are more solid built. I have a big problem with the 6.0 diesel though. Im not sure the 6.4 has been out long enough for me to be sure that it's any better. I asked the internet sales manager at a ford dealer here in town about a new bodystyle change and she said that the half ton was the only change in 09' She said that the superduty was just changed and ford had no plans to change it in the near future. I know they are trying to sell all the 08's first;) I did not ask about the new diesel since I would have gotten the same answer about that. Anyway they are giving great deals on the fords. The employee priceing ended yesterday but bigger rebates should be out today or soon anyway. I think I might wait for awhile. I have a couple more years to pay on my chevy anyway.:dunno:

4. gbuddenhagen

gbuddenhagen Well-Known Member

can you tell me what dealer is taking $25.000 off the ford super dutys.....

5. Duramaxer1

Duramaxer1 Active Member

Majority of dealers here in the DFW area are. 5 start Ford did it for a weekend. A couple otheres i just cant remember the names.

6. madatford

madatford Member

I don't know about 25k off. I do know I have the x plan with my job and ford is offering 5500.00 rebate and 1000.00 if u finance with ford. On the f-350 I looked at that was 12000.00 off the msrp. One dealer was by Riverside Ca one dealer in Clovis Ca the other was in Corning Ca in northern California.;)

7. Duramaxer1

Duramaxer1 Active Member

theyre doing about 17k off as of today. Only selected super dutys tho.

8. madatford

madatford Member

Great job on the new truck sounds great. You didnt see any red FX4's at the dealership did you? I just read a thread by you from like march on the Dodge side. You werent sure about a mega cab or a ford. I'm glad you got the ford, the dodge is great but who wants a heavy duty pickup with a 6ft sissy bed on it?rotfl Next thing you know dodge will go down to a 4ft bed that way it can be totally uselessrotfl,kind of like driving a car with no top on the trunk.rotfl I don't mean to pick on the cummins just the size of the bed, If you are going to build a truck at least make a longbed an option and let the customers decide. If dodge had a longbed on the megacab I would be driving one now instead of my Chevy dually;).Anyway I hope you have all kinds of good luck and good times with that new Ford. Great choice.

9. superiorchoppers

superiorchoppers Member

happy F250 owner

I did alot of research online before my purchace.:doah:
    What a Joke, 90% was bad ,not many great words.
    Poor mileage ?
    Bad engines ?
    Bla Bla Bla.....
    I say, make up your own mind.waytogo
    test drive them all, and then purchace what you like.
    I bought it used 40000kms, got it for a great price.
    2 Ford dealers in my home town (Sudbury) not own deisel truck on the lots.
    That put me at ease.

Hope for the best.
    No regrets, no bad feelings, ....great truck.:)
    Lots of fun to drive.:D
    I took it to Toronto last weekend averaged 20 m/gal. useing the 4x4 thrue snow storm.
    41000 kms

looking forward to many more kms.
    cheers.;)