Leveling spacers questions; your suggestions

Discussion in 'Dodge 3rd Gen Cummins 5.9 (24v)' started by big94GMC, May 31, 2009.

1. big94GMC

big94GMC Well-Known Member

Chances are good I'm gonna be owning a '03-'05 Dodge very shortly....a 2wd dually. I think they sit a bit too low in the front, so, one thing I'm already thinking about for it is a little leveling lift for the front. (Sorry if this question has been beaten to death, if it has....)

What are my options for lift heights? What companies makes the best, who should be avoided?

Thanks for your input, gents....

Last edited: Jun 3, 2009
  2. big94GMC

big94GMC Well-Known Member

ttt

Anyone?

3. AZcowboy2006

AZcowboy2006 Well-Known Member

I am not sure if any one makes spacers for the 2wd trucks. Maybe try FABTECK they do alot of 2wd stuff. Hope this helps.

Bob.

4. CK5

CK5 WhooHoo! Administrator Moderator

Media:
    You might contact http://www.topguncustomz.com to see if they have something, I didn't see anything on there site but they did mention they have other applications not listed.

5. AZcowboy2006

AZcowboy2006 Well-Known Member

Hey it looks like someone does make a leveling kit for that truck. I found it at www.justlevelit.com its a 2 1/2" kit part# KC09100BK $129.95 fits 94-09 2500/3500 2wd rams. Hope this helps.

Bob.

6. 4054x4

4054x4 Well-Known Member

Media:
    I would be careful with the spacer leveling kits... it will throw off your alignment and will hurt your ride quality. If you are going to lift it, buy the nice kit the first time.

7. strictlyv8

strictlyv8 Well-Known Member

Just make givve all you balljoints a good look at and make sure all steering components are in good working condition.

8. xploretx

xploretx Active Member

Not sure on the duallys, but 03 to 05 have two spacers under the back springs. Some guys move the spacers to the top of the srings thus lowering the back almost two inches (leveling the truck). A concern in doing this is getting to the upper caliper bolts when doing brakes. You still can take out the caliper the upper bolt just backs out and stays there OK. There is a good procedure somewhere on these sites. They do this to add clearance to prevent hitting the bed rails with 5th wheel trailers.

Pete