Looking for everyones opinion

Discussion in 'Brand Wars' started by kferris, Oct 11, 2007.

1. gbuddenhagen

gbuddenhagen Well-Known Member

are you using the truck for work? when i get around to overhauling my trans i am looking at $2800 to $3400 to do it...i think its worth it only if you keep the truck...but dodge is the way to go for work truck...i would like the ford but not very reliable for hard working as of now....

2. yellowk20

yellowk20 Well-Known Member

this truck has been out from under my gooseneck 4 times since I've owned it and that was just to go to the Airportwaytogo I bought the truck last December with 24,000 miles on it it now has 61,000 which isn't as much as some of you guys BUT I work in Alaska and the truck only gets driven by me when I'm in New Mexico my work schedule is 6 weeks on 2 weeks off so when I do drive it it's loaded down and I'm going somewhere . My Ford has close to 150,000 on it now with Zero problems other than brakes only lasting about 45,000 miles (it's a gas V-10 not a Power Joke:stir: ) But it also doesn't pull my trailer near as well as the dodge does

I also forgot to mention that the throttle position sensor has failed twice on my Dodge (both times warranty covered it)

3. dodgerep

dodgerep Well-Known Member

Media:

Well let me tell you what I know about the new ford!!! THEY SUCK!! 2008 F-550, 90,000 miles, and on its third THIRD!!! MOTOR!!!

In regards to Dodge, it is the best truck on the road. forget about these guys(no offense) talking about trucks with 30-50K miles,, I have 4 06's each with over 240K, a 94 with 1.8 MILLION and I tow each day.. Where are the 250K mile 16 month old Chevrolet and Ford guys at?

waytogo

4. jbarker

jbarker Active Member

Media:
    My 99 CTD has 230,000 on it and it runs great. my first one was a 00 CTD but had to get rid of it at 80,000 miles due to financial reasons but as soon as i could i got another onewaytogo i believe if you do preventive maintenance on anything and run the best products you can in them they will not let you down. the key is replace the parts before they ruin something big. No one manufacture has the best of everything so pick out the things that are the most important to you, buy off of that and then replace the weak links for a solid truck. JMO

John:pimp:

5. rocknbronco

rocknbronco Well-Known Member

Exactly I will say the 5.9 Cummins is one heck of a engine and the newer Powerstrokes leave alot to be desired due to emmisions.

6. frdslar

frdslar Member

two words for ya
    DURAMAX/ALLISONwaytogo

7. Bourdon1350

Bourdon1350 Well-Known Member

well yeh! its a crappy gas engine!

8. Bourdon1350

Bourdon1350 Well-Known Member

the cummins is great BUT its not worth havin since its in a crappy a$$ dodge! Ford and GMC are the best trucks on the market! Hands down!

9. 02dmax

02dmax Member

I have a 35' travel trailer that I pull with a CHEVY 2500HD duramax/allission.It has hitch weight of 1100 lbs.It has standard suspension,except for Bilsten shocks and aftermarket hitch.I would put on a heavier hitch,mine is rated for 16,000 lbs,1600 tongue weight.You will have no problem pulling your trailer with a 2500HD,as I put on about 10,000 miles a year pulling mine.

10. crashguy

crashguy Well-Known Member

Media:
    So, let me get this straight. You run a chip/programmer and boost the engine's power, tow GROSSLY overloaded, and blame Dodge when you blow a tranny?:confused: You gotta be kiddin me!:eek: I'm surprised you even got warranty, you should be thankful for that!

Any auto trans would fail in those conditions.

11. JNelson

JNelson Well-Known Member

Media:
    A crappy Dodge huh?
    How come 80-90% of oil field hot shot trucks are Dodges? I can buy any truck I want. I choose Dodge. Maybe dodges were ( and they WERE) crappy built. Today they're built very well. I average 10,000 miles per month towing a g/n about 80% of the time.

But hey, beleive what you want. I would probobly say the same thing about chevy's and ford is I were immature also.