My Mods

Discussion in 'The Drivers Seat (Chit-Chat)' started by carguy9135, Apr 12, 2007.

1. carguy9135

carguy9135 Well-Known Member

Media:
    Alright, i found a little guide to help me pick gears. They said with the 35's and a 6 inch lift, if its a daily driver (which it is) they said i need 4.56 gears.......does that sound right?

2. rocknbronco

rocknbronco Well-Known Member

Sounds about right to me but remmember that your mileage is way more likely to drop off majorly with a lift and larger tires due to parasitic loss and lost aero. In a surburban area or city you should be find but on the high way it will suck down the fuel and the gearing wont help either. I like the lower bumper but the uper tubes suck good luck on the mods.

3. Brisk

Brisk Well-Known Member

Media:
    4.56s will probably be fine but given that you only have a I-6 (apposed to a V8) and that you live at high altitude and will probably travel up to the mountains alot you may want to consider 4.88s. it will give you a little better power than the 4.56swaytogo

4. carguy9135

carguy9135 Well-Known Member

Media:
    alright cool. remember, im not very old and i dont drive very far to get anywhere so mileage is not really a concern to me right now. I guess ill be a little mad when i try and visit my relatives in Kansas (a +/- 400 mile trip)

5. zippy

zippy Well-Known Member

Media:
    even if you dont drive far youll still be pissed that your mileage blows 4.88's would be good if your gunna go that big.