NV 4500 going in

Discussion in 'Dodge 1st Gen Cummins 5.9 (12v)' started by Mr. Big Ram, Jul 15, 2008.

1. Mr. Big Ram

Mr. Big Ram Well-Known Member

Getrag started making some nasty sounding noises yesterday on the way in from Utah. Ordered the trans and conversion kit from Blumenthals today. Hopefully by mid week next week, she'll be up and running again!waytogo

2. Diesel Nut

Diesel Nut Well-Known Member

Media:
    Nice! Don't forget Pictures!waytogo

3. Mr. Big Ram

Now Jason, do you think I'll be crawling around underneath the thing in 115* heat??? rotfl Taking it to my buddys shop and letting them handle most of it. But, I'll see what I can do! Should be a nice upgrade for the truck... you saw it at MM, blue and silver W250.waytogo

4. Diesel Nut

Media:
    Awe, comeon! It's a dry heat, right? rotfl

One thing I love about MM is there are always a bunch of 1st gens there. Hey, when you get a chance drop me a line. Maybe I can help you find the old getrag a new home?

5. Mr. Big Ram

Tried calling several times.. damn phone was busy each time! Busisness must be good? waytogo Safe to try over the weekend?

6. Mr. Big Ram

Dropped it off this morning, with any luck I should have it back by Friday afternoon!

7. Mr. Big Ram

Got it back Wednesday afternoon.. man, what a difference over the getrag POS. Now , I have to figure out how to hook my tach back up. Previous set up had a pick up in the bellhousing, so I ran that to the factory plug under the dash and the tach still is inop. Can I splice into the factory CPS up front. The tach is a S.S.White technologies #5401 if that does anything for anyone.

8. madmax07

madmax07 New Member

92-93 have foctory tach plug under the dash. My brother has a Isspro R5503 w/ a 94-02 column pod and it hooks directly to the factory wireing w/ Isspro wire kit R8912-92 or just run 4 wires and hook it up and save $30. They also have a tach wireing harness Isspro R8912 that uses a crank sensor to pick up rpm for 89-91 dodge w/ no factory plug for isspro tachs. Sorry don't have any experience with any other tachs that isspro.

9. Diesel Nut

Media:
    Did you ever fin a home for that G360?

Hows that 4500 treating ya?

10. Mr. Big Ram

Turned it in as a core. 4500 is GREAT!!! Have about 7500 miles on it and the SB Con O now, and no issues at all. You coming down for May Madness in a few weeks?

11. Diesel Nut

Media:
    Yes, I think I will be the Amsoil Rep again. Just have to finalize the schedule. Busy as hell up here and closing the shop for a week is a big deal. I need to get outta here though, 7 days a week gets old after a few months!

Not sure, but I am pretty sure I will be cruising my first gen down there this year. The 2006 is comfy, but I love my old 91. Depends on if I have to pull the flatbed. May be picking up 2 parts trucks on the way back up . . . . .