odd colored diesel

Discussion in 'Alternative Fuels' started by Got SMOKE???, Aug 31, 2009.

1. Got SMOKE???

Got SMOKE??? Member

Ok fellas this may be a dumb question but here we go...have any of you ever seen diesel that was almost clear looking? looked like gasoline. i filled my truck up and my 75 gal diesel tank up at a truck stop. later on i went to pump the diesel from my tank into my truck tank and the fuel filter reservoir on the tank showed the diesel to be a gasoline color. not green or red, but almost clear. scared me so i quit pumping it thinking that i had water in my tank. so then just pumped from my 75 gal tank thru its filter back into itself for like 3 minutes to see if the color changed at all. it didnt change at all...any ideas???:confused:

2. strictlyv8

strictlyv8 Well-Known Member

Bio tends to look like gas. If it smells like french fries when you drive you have your answer.

3. Got SMOKE???

Got SMOKE??? Member

ha ha french fries huh? man im honestly scared to put it in my truck though just in case maybe some kids got into my spare tank and poured something in there. thanks for your help. i appreciate it. if you have any other ideas feel free to fill me in

4. 46mech

46mech Active Member

Media:
    I know this is over a month old, but did you have any issues with the fuel you were concerned about? Did it turn out to be bio? I know Jet A is clear in color, yet is basically diesel without the lubricity.

5. Got SMOKE???

Got SMOKE??? Member

no i had no problems with it. everything turned out fine. it wasnt bio diesel. i have no idea why it was colored that way but everything ran just as any other color diesel

6. Mr. Big Ram

Mr. Big Ram Well-Known Member

Go back and ask the supplier if they had something different they were using .