Offroadin the DD/Towrig (lets see whos gettin dirty)

Discussion in 'Other Rides' started by whiterocket5.9, Mar 1, 2007.

1. whiterocket5.9

whiterocket5.9 Well-Known Member

well i guess ill start this there was a few of us who discused it so here it goes. heres my newly aquired offroad equipment.

Attached Files:

2. whiterocket5.9

i know i posted the pic already on another tread but its soemthing to start with. maybe ill get muddy this weekend and get some new pics with all the snow melt and rain we have that shouldnt be too hard :)

3. Nitelord

Nitelord Well-Known Member

Media:
    Here's Mine

I'm still waiting for the center caps. Back ordered....

Last edited: Mar 3, 2007
  4. whiterocket5.9

how do those do they look like they have some nice bite to em...nothing liek throwin a lil roost lol

5. Nitelord

Media:
    Funny you should ask. I was hauling wood for a bud of mine and got alittle sideways in a culvert. Could not get any bite at all. Then I say, self, why not air down the tires. They were inflated to 65 pounds for moving my fiver around the other day. So I dropped them to 50 in the front and 45 in the rear. WOW what a difference. Crawled right out as if nothing had happened. I ran them that way the rest of the day and not a lick of trouble... My wife says they are loud on the road, but you wouldn't know it by me. I certainly can't hear them while driving.

6. Nitelord

Media:
    Sorry, deleted them again.

Hankook MT RT03 35 x 12.50 - 18 on KMC D-Back rims 18 x 8.5

Last edited: Sep 1, 2007
  7. whiterocket5.9

ive only aired down one tiem and by the time i did it it was way too late:doah: river sand bars are no no's. specialy in a stock size truck with 285's lol besisdes that i really dont like the squishy ride it gives ya theese meats i have now with 65 psi is about all i can handle or im just not used to it yet, its really not that bad just different fromt the smaller higher pressure tires. have you hauled trailers with yours much, im wondering if i should get soem air shocks or air bags for hauling.....welll looks liek a great day to go muddin here, not lookin forward to washing the damn thing though lol

8. Nitelord

Media:
    The only trailers I haul, are my 16 ft landscape trailer (don't know its back there)
    and the 29 ft fifth wheel that my familly and I use for vacations and monthly local trips. the Hankooks are E-rated so I'm not too concerned on that front. However, I like having the aggressive tires, due to the condition of some of the access roads I've encountered on camping trips.
    Also, it helps when going into the sandy areas in Cape May and some other NJ shore points we visit on weekend trips.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2007
  9. whiterocket5.9

ya theese tires are rated for 600 or so lbs more than teh michelins that were on before so i guess i shouldnt be too worried....also i like the aggressive tread as well obviously lol job sites and farm roads around here get pretty sloppy not to mention the river bottoms...... you shouldnt have to put a truck in 4wd to get out of soem wet grass, if a truck is a 4x4 then it should at least coem from the factory with the all terrains on it not the street michelins save those for the 2wd's imo....no offroading today cold and snowing i dont want a bunch of frozen **** under my truck oh well always next week suppose to get close to 50 so ill hit it then.

10. wheelin66bronco

wheelin66bronco Well-Known Member

Glad you like the Hankooks! I just ordered a set of 315/75-16's for my 96 F-350. I tow a lot and I hear they wear really well. Sorry I don't have any pics of my dodge on my work computer or I would have shared them.

11. whiterocket5.9

hey man glad you posted here i knew there were more of us out there lol well be waiting on the pics :) i see krawlers on your sig on the 66 thats the bfg's rite...iwas checkin them out along with a bunch of others before i decided to go with the nitto's they didnt have the load rating i needed also those are soem pricey puppies (seems like all of em are nowdays) they look killer though and i bet the throw mud like a mother

12. whiterocket5.9

i got it dirty but the rain washed alot of it off by the time i took the pic

here they are

Attached Files:

13. whiterocket5.9

the second pic isnt that great i cant figure out how to clear the pictures up on here

14. Nitelord

Media:
    Uggg. I gotta get out more..... Last two weekend have been spent hauling wood for a friend of mine. I got dirty, but it wasn't any fun.

15. whiterocket5.9

i was suppose to go down to the river bottoms here, but it started to rain and well its probly better i didnt just yet anyway bein the river just went down a cpl days ago id probly be in a pit rite now if i did lol so i just hit some of the farm field access roads around here.