Operating A Succesful Company and Fleet

Discussion in 'Hotshot Hauler' started by dodgerep, Dec 2, 2007.

1. dodgerep

dodgerep Well-Known Member

Media:
    I am hoping to open this thread to owners and Operators that are successfully operating a truck or fleet of trucks. I am going to have to set a criteria for this and ask the mediators to help me keep it legitimate as there also exist here an opportunity to provide bad information that could hurt companies and drivers.

Please help us keep this information good, honest and helpful.

Please list your USDOT & ICCMC when posting here so that people have the opportunity to verify that this information is coming from legitimate sources.

Here is my brief BIO to establish my experience.

USDOT 1379307
    ICCMC 528512
    TXDOT 006242214-C
    I started hauling livestock as a young man and over the years worked for KLLM Trucking as well as many other commercial trucking companies. I have attended 2 Defensive and evasive driving schools as well as Skip Barber Academy, and other minor driving courses.

I previously worked for the Chrysler Corporation in the PVO SRT Technology driving team where i remained up until 5 years ago when I started my first hot shot company called DODGEREP TRANSPORTATION AND LOGISTICS where I specialized in transporting Exotic Automobiles, Race Cars and Classic Muscle cars for high end clients. By specializing in a very particular market, I was able to apply marketing strategies that keyed on in certain markets and events.

I moved from exotic to all vehicles and then opened up to Government Contracts and eventually to all types of trailers and cargo.

I sold Dodgerep Transportation & Logistics to a California team and then 6 months later started Giddy Up Go Transportation Services. Where I changed my Modus Operandi to exclude the use of my own trailers. We have continued to be a small company focusing on steady but slow growth in order to maintain our stable base and potential.

2. truckindad

truckindad Member

Uptown Expedited Logistics
    Las Vegas,NV
    USDOT-1704918
    MC-625721
    CA- Good ??? Can't see the truck from here and not at office to look up...Lol

I read all yer posts and really like what you have to say.

I'm a New owner in bizznizz and things are going very well...
    When we have some free time I would like to speak with you over the phone... I will send you a p.m. W/ my numbers.