RV service changing due to economy?

Discussion in 'Trailers' started by 2007CUMMINZ, Mar 6, 2010.

1. 2007CUMMINZ

2007CUMMINZ Well-Known Member

I have to begin this in saying our Cedar Creek - Day Dreamer is the most well designed (to Tana's liking) and prettiest coach we have ever looked at. We have towed it for 6500 miles toward Utah and back, to Wisconsin and NY and a thousand places close by. It is still the most liked by us as any coach we have ever seen. We have met some of the nicest folks while camping in it.
    Where this story begins is the first day we picked it up. We have have had very minor things to bug us to death. Not working sewer dump valves several times, leaking frig, one bad electrical wire, 2 bad converters, wall paneling tape replaced about 4 times, loose front slide, badly fit moulding on outside, etc. While in for a few repairs two months ago I took the coach by my tire man and found two badly worn tires on the driver's side. I took photos and sent them to Mr. Bradley.
    I have a stack of repair sheets the size of a book. Well last year I contacted Forest River and took it in and had a very cool reception. Some of you know about that. I got a call from Mr. Bobby Bradley several months ago and he and Tom Johnson, Charlotte has gotten the ball rolling.
    I am going to list what all Forest River has done to make "good faith" repairs after my warranty has expired. Yes, before you say it a lot of these should have been done earlier but were not.
    Replaced and painted door to gas bottles with slight bow in door
    Replaced all seam tap on paneling
    Replaced converter with larger unit
    Replaced and painted all moulding on exterior
    Replaced both 7k axles with Dexter 8k axles
    Replaced all four tires with Goodyear "G" rated tires
    Replaced all four wheels
    Replaced entire back window with properly colored one with tinting that was misordered at an earlier repair time
    Replaced all three sewer dump valves with new type electrical switches
    They are installing EquaFlex suspension on new axles at NO charge.

Tana & I are both very impressed with Mr. Bradley.

2. Rob Knoell

Rob Knoell Well-Known Member

It is too bad this kind of service does not happen more often. I am glad to hear that they are taking care of you.

LT.

3. Beater_K20

Beater_K20 Member

being an RV repair tech by trade, it does happen quite often. Forest River is very good about it, as is Heartland... the problem is that not many will take the effort to tell you the good, only the bad.

4. WD40

WD40 Active Member

Glad to hear that they are stepping up and taking care of you.
    Doug