Smarty is in the house...........

Discussion in 'Dodge 2nd Gen Cummins 5.9 (24v)' started by Torquer, Mar 31, 2006.

1. Torquer

Torquer Well-Known Member

Media:
    .............and I am flat out impressed. I went from stock to an Edge EZ to the Smarty (went to visit Rip and installed it in the parking lot). Install took a grand total of 3 minutes including plugging cables in............set it to level 9 (what else would you expect?). Rip says 'hook it up, download it, test drive and then see if you want to buy it'. If you don't know Rip, he is just a great guy who knows his stuff.

First impressions - WOW. Off idle accel is incredible. The one 'complaint' I had about the CTD was the off idle turbo lag - having run a TPI406 with instant throttle response that was my 'gold standard' comparision. This makes that feel weak. I baked the tire (pegleg for a few more weeks) at will on dry pavement. I'm going to try the fuel saver mode after next fill up and see what it does for fuel mileage. For now, the smile factor will force me to keep it on level 9.

No exaggeration - much better than an EZ. Can't wait till April 21 and the Mach 1.6's go in...............:eek:

2. RJF's Red Cummins

RJF's Red Cummins TRC Staff Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    Sounds good. I might stack a Smarty in with my Juice one of these days, depending on how I like the power of my new Juice.

3. Torquer

Torquer Well-Known Member

Media:
    Another nice thing I like is the tire size correction capability. Works like a charm and GPS verified it this morning to be right on. Good job Marco...........