Superchips tuner

Discussion in 'Ford Powerstroke 6.0' started by harleydude, Dec 2, 2008.

1. harleydude

harleydude Active Member

Media:
    I have a 2004 Harley-Davidson edition F-250 6.0 with 4" turbo-back exhaust and K&N cold air intake. I recently removed my superchips 1805 program and reset to stock because a friend who is a mechanic at the Ford dealer told me the heads could not handle the extra boost and that I was going to end up blowing them. He scared me enough to remove program. I tow about 14000# and kept program in towsafe mode. I miss the extra power the programmer gave and want to put it back. Anyone ever had trouble from this?

2. 4054x4

4054x4 Well-Known Member

Media:
    from what i understand, the fords pretty much need the arp studs if you have much extra boost... so you might want to look into those...

3. KT Performance

KT Performance Well-Known Member

You could just install a boost gauge and keep an eye on your boost pressure. Superchips is a mild tune, you should not have to worry except during long inclines and if you drive hard (full throttle to get it up to speed).

An other option would be to go with is an EDGE with Attitude. It is a stronger tune, however it has built in safety features. If it gets out of the parameters (that you set), it will beep, flash, and remove the extra power to give the truck stock power until it gets back where you want it.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Kenny
    352-636-0812

4. caissiel

caissiel Member

I have been towing over 13k lbs with 85 hp increase with my econ from hypertech for 4 years and its been great at lower boost pressure then stock. I can do the hills with much lower pressures. I never see higher boost then stock. I would never tower with stock setting due to excesive shifting out of overdrive and my truck is a dog stock.