This is unbelievable

Discussion in 'Towing Equipment' started by Brisk, Dec 1, 2005.

1. brods

brods Well-Known Member

Media:
    Excellent question! I had first hand experience with this years ago while flat towing an old fullsize car behind a regular cab pickup. I find their reply to your question lacking. It would be nice to know what percentage of tongue weight can be applied to the tow vehicle.

Are threse the same pickup owners that claim to get 30+ mpg empty??? Could it be the front of the trailer rides lower for less wind resistance? Is it plausible that two heavily loaded tires have more rolling resistance than four lightly loaded tires? Sounds fishy. Maybe they were just scared to go fast while towing with the thing!

2. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer Well-Known Member

Media:
    those tires look to be 22.5 inch rims, they can take the pin load any trailer out there can give them. i still say its an unsafe way of doing things. the idea is cool and would work well behind a small goose neck trailer to pull another small goose neck trailer if you had a good brake controller... but i wouldnt do it.
    Grant

3. Divorced

Divorced Well-Known Member

What picture are you looking at? All I see are what appear to be 15" rims with car tires :confused:

4. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer Well-Known Member

Media:
    im stupid and was thinking about something else... they do look like 16 or 16.5 though.....

5. astevenson

astevenson Active Member

Media:
    They look like the same 6 hole 15" trailer tires and wheels we have on our enclosed race trailer.

6. rocknbronco

rocknbronco Well-Known Member

I can see someone who wants to look like a fool going down the 285 in Atlanta and cause a twenty car pile up.

Look at me I'm like big rig with this Dumb Buddy and my Ranger and 40FT 5TH Wheel talking on my cell phone and eating.

I dont see any reason for this product and its a highway hazard is it even been tested by DOT?

7. micah

micah Member

now that would be worth paying money to see!