Tow rigs are built not bought!!

Discussion in 'GM Gas Engine Rigs' started by Xtremjeepn, Jul 18, 2007.

1. 4x4chase

4x4chase Well-Known Member

havnt heard anything in a while whats new????????

2. Xtremjeepn

Xtremjeepn Well-Known Member

I injured my neck this spring. That just set me back on working on the truck. Unfortunately when it is just me working on it all progress stops when I get hurt.

(apparently a lifetime of extreme sports is hard on your spine:rolleyes:)

Feeling pretty good now and the excitement for the truck is coming back. Actually been thinking about it a lot lately.

This spring we had the truck at a trail clean up day for Carnage Canyon, near Boulder, Colorado. 4x4 was not wroking. Shaft spining, but nothing moving.

At some point someone stole the Dana 60 out of this truck and left a D44 in it's place. There is a group working on a new trail system up near Boulder and needed a truck to help. I was going to go help but needed to solve the 4x4 issue first. Pulled the cover and here is what I found.

[​IMG]

Teeth broken, ring gear bolts sheared off. :doah: I really need to find a D60 for the front for a reasonable price.

3. Xtremjeepn

I'm still here!!!!!
    My "day job" is as a financial advisor. So you can imagine I have been a touch busy this year.
    I plan on getting back to work on the truck and hoping to see it working even more this summer.

4. Xtremjeepn

My computer was stuck doing some updates and I was near the truck with a camera.
    I have been trying to get motivated to do some more work on it. So going out and snapping some pictures may help. :shrug:
    These should give you an idea what I still have to do....a small idea.

I want to swap out to the 91 style grill. I have a radiator support, just need the headlights and grill pieces. Also need to build a winch mount for the front, bumper etc for the Ramsey 15K winch with Winchline.com rope on it. Also have 4 KC highlights that need to go up front.
    [​IMG]

I need some rocker protection with a step, needs to be easy to step up and toss stuff over the bedside right in front of the tire.
    Also need a rear bumper. Need to build a rack in the bed to hold shovels, rakes, buckets, 2 more KC lights and a BullDog 10k winch with Winchline.com rope.....and cut out the fenders for the Bushwhacker flares to make room for those 37s.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Roof needs some love. Really need to finish up the body work (which I suck at) and get some paint on it.
    [​IMG]

....and of course my big hurdle at the moment is that the front axle is broken. It NEEDS something bigger than the D44.
    [​IMG]

More pictures here. Click here for more pictures.[/URL]

5. RodZZilla

RodZZilla Well-Known Member

If you drink enough, you will forget it is Iowa
    Looking good. Can't wait to see the finished project.

6. Xtremjeepn

Either can I!!rotfl

7. Seminoles

Seminoles Member

Media:
    Hey gasser's don't die I'm new to towing and just got one. So glad it is here I have a lot of reading and learning to do... :doah:eek:h my acing head...