Well beotches...is it time for a CK5 takeover?

Discussion in 'The Drivers Seat (Chit-Chat)' started by tRustyK5, Sep 26, 2015.

Tags:
  1. MTBlazer89

MTBlazer89 Active Member

Media:
    Uhhh Hey. Finally remembered my password.

2. MTBlazer89

MTBlazer89 Active Member

Media:
    Guess I should update my sig line :eek:

3. gaweakland86K5

gaweakland86K5 Well-Known Member

Avery4jc likes this.
  4. Desertrat67

Desertrat67 Member

Media:
    Hmm, thought I had signed up for this one. Now that I think about it, I have never received a Happy Birthday email from here. Must not have.

Oh,

Pad.

5. Greg72

Greg72 Well-Known Member

Albums:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!

-G

6. campfire

campfire Well-Known Member

Hey, all. IMO, the funniest part of this whole migration is the message up on CK5 right now:

Outage.png

@coloradok5, You do realize that you are telling people to read the forum for information about the forum outage, right? :D ;)

7. CK5

CK5 WhooHoo! Administrator Moderator

Media:
    Yes... when you mention another person with the @ in front like @gaweakland86K5 it sends that user an alert. By the way you can also choose which events trigger an alert under your alert preferences.

8. CK5

Media:
    Guess I didn't think that one all the way through. lol

9. Greg72

Greg72 Well-Known Member

Albums:
    There are probably 200 guys clicking that link over and over, on the verge of a complete mental breakdown...... :haha: :saweet: :angry1:

(I'm going to keep posting up the emoticon text as if it actually works)

campfire likes this.
  10. CK5

Media:
    The message that no one but me can read:

CK5 will be down for a few days starting Monday Sept 28th for migration to the Xenforo forum platform. If you would like to get a sneak peak our sister site TowRig.com has been moved from VB to Xenforo and has an off-topic forum there as well.

Everything should be migrated over except profile albums, not to be confused with the albums in the photo gallery, profile albums were only available to Premium members from their profile, here is mine for reference: http://coloradok5.com/forums/album.php?u=1 So if you have pics there please copy off any that you would like to save.

On Sunday Sept 27th I will need to cancel every ones "recurring" subscription, so when you get an email from paypal about your subscription being cancelled that's what it's about. Your subscription is "NOT" being cancelled, just the "recurring" part is, that just means that whenever your subscription is supposed to auto renew it will not, at that time you would simply have to renew again. Hope this makes sense.

The current forums, soon to be old forums will still be available for several weeks after the move in a "read only mode" so if something doesn't get imported you will still have access to it.

At the same time as the software move we will also be moving over to CK5.com. The forums will move first then the articles will move over the next few months as I have to put them in a new format. CK5 will feature a responsive design, what that means is you will be able to view the entire site on your phone as well as a desktop or tablet, the software moves things around so you don't have to scroll sideways on a phone for example. Take a look at towrig.com on your desktop and then on your phone to see what I mean.

I plan on some cool new features "after" everything is moved over and stable. With over 3.5 million posts this is a big move but will be worth it in the end.

11. Greg72

Greg72 Well-Known Member

Albums:

Cross-Posted this over on the CK5 Facebook page.....!!!! :thumbs:

-G

12. campfire

Ok. Looks like the message we read yesterday. Some of us, anyways. :rolleyes:

Given how many folks were on this morning, it will be interesting to see who had the last post before the plug was pulled. I made a post at 8:10 Mountain Time today, and the forum was gone by 8:13 (the timestamp in that picture). Not sure why my timestamps recently started reporting in Mountain Time, but I guess I'm too late to change it. ;)

13. CK5

Media:
    That's weird, facebook down?

14. NorCal69

NorCal69 Member

Well, hellooooo ladies. :cool:

Greg, that is a sweet weathervane you built there. Are you going to tig a chicken on the top of it. I think it's going to look sweet over the garage roof.

15. CK5

Media:
    I just noticed that I get a popup telling me I have an alert while I'm typing... but it's black background with black text. lol Always something!

16. Greg72

Greg72 Well-Known Member

Albums:
    It's slow..... hope it's not because of Toshiba HDDs

I actually debated about putting up one final "Might As Well" update to see if I could squeak it in under the wire....but with all the effort it takes to get the photos inserted and writing all the clever jokes, I figured I'd hit "SUBMIT" just as the whole thing went offline..... :rolleyes: :haha: :doah:

-G

17. Greg72

Greg72 Well-Known Member

Albums:

Whoa! Who's this handsome feller....????? Looks like all that camping and astroglide really helped, you look SO relaxed.

-G

18. campfire

Yeah, I was gearing up for another post when it disappeared. Not sure how many microseconds I had to spare. :dunno:

19. NorCal69

NorCal69 Member

Yep, went to glamor shots as the older avatar was getting a little trashy. I think they did a nice job. Even Got my chess champion ring in the pic. Classsssy.

20. Greg72

Greg72 Well-Known Member

Albums:

It's actually pretty hard to throw a trashcan away..... the collectors just keep leaving it on the side of the road!!!!

-G

Looks like I figured out "rolleyes" :rolleyes: and "cool" :cool: so far.... need some help finding my other go-to emoticons though.