Where did you mount your brake controller?

Discussion in 'Towing Equipment' started by CK5, Mar 2, 2005.

1. COXIE

COXIE Member

Media:
    Left side under dash next to parking brake handle. No issues really wuth the Prodigy I don't mess with it much so I could probably mount it in the glove box if I wanted:pimp:

2. draggbody

draggbody Well-Known Member

CK5... i asumme you probably have the same problem as me... nice new cleanly arranged truck and now i have to stick this ugly ass box somewhere in my brand new truck... what are the manufacturers thinking!!! hell everybody is going to add these things, you would think it would come up in conversation... anyways, i mounted mine vertical by the tcase sifter... i just used some double sided tape and stuck it to the plastic... the wires tuck neatly under the console, easily adjusted, most important, out of site... and no holes drilled...

3. rdhamill

rdhamill Member

Media:
    I have mounted mine on the ash tray.
    easy to reach, yet I have never bumped it.
    The ash tray sits in the open position, controller mounted to the top of it. Then I made a face plate just above and mounted driving and back up light switches.

hope you can see it inthe attached picture.

Attached Files:

4. Po' riggity

Po' riggity Well-Known Member

I mounted my brake controller on the dash just above where my right knee is. Its a prodigy, so its easy to adjust on the fly. To make the install even easier, I went to camping world, and bought their harness for the prodigy, so it was cake. Just plug one end of the harness into the plug under the dash, and plug the other end into the controller. No splicing, no mess, and it was a whopping $13.00 for the prefabbed harness. Well worth it to avoid the hassles of splicing/connecting. Here is a pic:

Scott

Attached Files:

5. jalewis

jalewis Well-Known Member

Our Prodigy is mounted in the exact same location with the same harness.

6. strictlyv8

strictlyv8 Well-Known Member

I thank Ford for the wonderful built in controller that my truck brought. Makes it easy to use, works great and looks real pretty.