Who goes to church?

Discussion in 'The Drivers Seat (Chit-Chat)' started by Brisk, Aug 21, 2005.

?

Do you go to Church?

1. I go almost every Sunday

65 vote(s)
    57.5%
  2. I don't ever go

39 vote(s)
    34.5%
  3. CEO (Christmas Easter Only)

9 vote(s)
    8.0%
  1. daleviewrd

daleviewrd New Member

Believer - who once was lost.

I attend church every week I attend mens bible study on monday and thursday evenings - we meet in a barn for one meeting and in a garage for the other. I sponsor a wednesday morning breakfast for men who have or would like to have a relastionship with Christ. The men in my groups are all guys who were not so good once upon a time. Or as one of my brothers says - "we were more like a lost ball in tall weeds". We all have all found Christ and it has turned our lives around. Our families are better for it as well. Our testimonies are heartfelt and freely given.

When I am not worshiping my Lord, serving his children through my ministires or serving my family - you will likely find me in my 3/4 ton cummins (Banks Stinger Plus) - or one of my harleys, or driving the vette. I am a crazy truck/bike/car guy like most of you. Praising my Lord and being his faithful servant comes first. And I still have lots of time to enjoy the toys in my garage.

Rich

2. Seventy4Blazer

Seventy4Blazer Well-Known Member

Media:
    i went to church this easter... and fell asleep.. first time in church in about 20 years, and i only went because the GF at the time asked me to... needless to say im single now... lol

3. MrTow

MrTow Well-Known Member

You've got the right name for THIS thread.rotfl

On a more serious note, it's hard to go against your parents and teachers, striking off on your own with your philosophy, but it can be done. I did it and I grew up in a very small town in the Miss. Delta. You can't get much more religious than that area.

Because I was so young when I changed my views(15), I did not tell anyone except my parents until I got away from there. Although they tried to talk me back into religion, they were very understanding about it when I stood firm. And after almost fifty years I have not seen any evidence that would send me back to religion.

My belief is it's up to everyone to come to his or her conclusions about a supreme being. For me, as a famous mathematician once told Napoleon, "Sire I have no need of that hypothesis".

4. sshewins

sshewins Well-Known Member

not religion

Unfortunatly, most people think that 'going to church' is about one religion or another. Or even one vs. another. Jesus never once said "follow this denomination" or "join this affiliation". He said ...follow Me...

All Christian denominations have their good points and their bad points, but when you take your eyes off of the One who offers you the free gift of salvation, meaning He took the punishment for our sins (one sin is enough to keep us from entering heaven), thats when the trouble starts.

Look, its not about religion with its flawed human embassadors, its a relationship with the one living God. Try this: www.notreligion.com

Scott

5. wi_saint

wi_saint Member

Media:
    You forgot to list the Sabbath as an option...

I attend Evansville (WI) Seventh Day adventist Church.

If you look on the calendar, you will see that the start of the week is Sunday, and thus, the Seventh day is Saturday.

This bit of trivia has not changed in recorded history, but still one of the popes made a decree that stated that all should worship on Sunday.
    If you want more information, read the book titled THE NATIONAL SUNDAY LAW. It is a very good read!

6. trsixer

trsixer Member

Media:
    Go to Church when not camping Teach a collage class at church and my wife is the church administratorwaytogo

7. 1tontractor

1tontractor Well-Known Member

I go every sunday, love worship, love the fellowship

8. mel swanson

mel swanson Member

Do Chruch

Know most of the reasons for not going to church. Spent years being critical and using many of the escapes I have read today. When it was shown to me, in the Bible, that God is infinite, Loving and that my only salvation was through Jesus Christ life began to make since. Some organized religion confuses me.

Man, I tell you. I am just passing through with this physical body on my way to eternity in heaven or hell. When I read the fine print with mentors it was clear that the choice was mine alone. No excuses, read the instructions, follow the life giving program the best I can and I have assured my next future.
    Yes, I go to church, support the widows and orphans, home missions, foreign missions, and study the Bible. My life and my family life is better because of it. Been there, done that, and I can assure anyone that ask, this new life, 20 years now, is simply a test for the future. Cooperate to graduate.

9. truckie481

truckie481 Active Member

I go every Sunday that I am able, my work schedule is 4 on 4 off 12.5 hrs shifts rotating days and nights.

10. MrTow

MrTow Well-Known Member

Lots of SDAs around Ft. Worth. In fact I think the national HQ is here, or maybe it's the SW HQ?

11. Power Stroker

Power Stroker Member

Yup, go every Sunday, Im catholic and my Dad is really hard core so ya...

12. scoggins

scoggins Well-Known Member

Yes We Go But Somewhere Between A Ceo And Every Time The Door Opens

Need Togo More Than We Do

13. wasted wages

wasted wages Well-Known Member

Media:
    I am active in my "second family"...
    My wife and I serve as Ushers,and do a lot of other thankless tasks
    that are needed for worship services,, bulletins etc.

My wife is a "proxy minister" that goes out to old folks homes and
    shut ins and serves the blood and bread of our Lord to those that cannot make it to Sunday services.

We both serve in the church community once a month building wheelchair ramps for underprivileged people that cannot afford to have ramps built for their homes.

http://www.texasramps.org/Topic.aspx?wiki_id=110

Go in peace,serve the lord.
    Thanks be to God.

14. nainoapak01

nainoapak01 Well-Known Member

Media:
    As a kid I to was raised a Baptist and attended chrristian schools from 3rd to 9th grade and the rest of schooling was public school by choice. I found that most of the other students in church schools are as big of phonies as they learn it from home . To be a christian means to be christ like and I don't recall christ going to too many churches except to clean house of the money changers. Also I believe in God and I feel thats a personal relationship between me and God. There isn't anything wrong in going to church if you can find one thats for real and not wanting to build a huge monatory place. The bible says, where 2 or 3 are gathered in His name He is there also, nothing said about a building. Sorry if I steped on anyones toes.