WVO ruined this guys TD Jetta

Discussion in 'Alternative Fuels' started by 4by4bygod, Aug 22, 2007.

1. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod Well-Known Member

2. DieselDummy

DieselDummy Member

Wow, "holy carnage batman"!

3. MrTow

MrTow Well-Known Member

He didn't filter his WVO fine enough and didn't get it warm enough to keep it from clogging his motor. You have to have a tank for diesel and another tank solely for WVO that is heated and filtered to 5 microns or less if you want to run straight veggie.

Also I bet he left the WVO in his motor overnight which is guaranteed to cause that kind of damage. You have to switch back to diesel before you put the car in the garage for the night.

4. wvopowered

wvopowered New Member

4x4bygod do you work for the oil industry

Seems like this fourm does nothing but bash the alternative fuels.If you want to keep making the Saudis rich go for it.I have been running straight oil for a long time and have had no problems.Also have been running B100 for two years no problems in two differant cars 1999 Mercedes and a 2000 Jetta.

5. 4by4bygod

4by4bygod Well-Known Member

Nope..if I did, I wouldn't bash ULSD as much as i do.

I wouldn't say that - biofuels have their friends here, I just don't happen to be one of them, and it is my obligation to tell everyone everything that is known about them - not just spread biodiesel.org propaganda.

biofuels are a costly scam on the american people.

6. odie

odie Member

WVO didn't ruin this guy's TDI....most likey his carelessness in using it. my VWs and Benz loves the stuff

7. 2007CUMMINZ

2007CUMMINZ Well-Known Member

I think it is a great idea to find other fuels but I do have a problem with using our food to do it and why should my tax dollars fund it?

8. killerbee

killerbee Member

from what I see, WVO had nothing to do with this.

9. wildcatkit52

wildcatkit52 Member

Remember that you always see people blame something they don't fully understand when they have problems.

If I rag the heck out of my ride for instance, I am going to blame the first "new" thing I tried.

Not saying this guy did rag out his ride...

He DID say he did things incorrectly for running the fryer juice. That tells me one thing just from the SMALL amount I have studied these alternative fuels...

OPERATOR ERROR!!!

I have to believe that anyone that doesn't fully understand what they are doing enough to make sure they do it right, doesn't have any other excuse for the results.

Running waste vegetable oil that hasn't been filtered properly, and running it in the factory fuel system that wasn't designed to run it tells me that he never did his homework at all before thinking he could dump a "miracle fuel" in his car without talking to professionals or experianced people.

I know of a college professor locally who has been making his own fuel for some time out of WVO. I am going to go discuss this issue further with him to see if I can gain some knowlege from an experianced Chemist who seems to know better than most what he is doing.

10. killerbee

killerbee Member

The compressor blades are fodded out. He ingested a bird or a filter.