Your thoughts on the 6.0

Discussion in 'Ford Powerstroke 6.0' started by musicmasterstravis, May 27, 2007.

1. roided_ranger

roided_ranger Member

just put a sliverline 4" on mine with a aem intake and it sounds like a jet and the turbo whisles nicely

2. Bourdon1350

Bourdon1350 Well-Known Member

Majority of 6.0's are fantastic!

3. ford trader

ford trader Member

i work on the 6.0 all day long they all have there ups and downs some are terrible and some have had good luck the most common things are egr valves egr coolers which cannot be removed!! heads head gaskets high pressuer oil pumps and lots of o-ring leaks have seen multiple injector issues and the 03-o4 trucks had lots of programing issues in thus we have had lots of reprograms for these trucks. in my opinion they are a good engine and truck when they are running!!! and no they do not have exhuast egt sensors only the 6.4l has the sensors for the heating cat.

4. Jimbug

Jimbug Member

Sorry about the hijack

Does anyone know if there is a better year of the 6.0 that has had less problems than others? I.e. The best year to look for

thanks
    hijack over

5. dvlishdan

dvlishdan Member

2003 6.0l

I have a 03 F-250 CC it ran great until I hit 180K. When I hit 180 I had 3 injectors go out. Then shortly after I had the fuel pump go. Now at 230K I had a catastrophic failure. The high pressure oil pump went out and took the oil cooler, all injectors, turbo, and EGR. So I have decided to scrap the Powerchoke and install the 5.9 Cummins. I am @ $10,000 in and feel that it is money better spent than rebuilding the 6.0.